Monday, April 21, 2008

Epidemic?

Steve Neavling from the Detroit Free Press wrote a disturbing article today about St. Clair County Animal Control Shelter. According to the Free Press, the State of Michigan Department of Agriculture has cited the shelter for using the dreaded heart stick method of "euthanasia". A heart stick done without tranquilizers is excruiatingly painful. To make matters worse, there isn't even a stethoscope available to determine if the animal is dead. There is no question that heart sticks are inhumane and not allowed by state law.

Why isn't someone being criminally charged for animal abuse? Why did it take a lawsuit to get this noticed? Other than retraining what is the Michigan Department of Agriculture doing to make certain this never happens again?

I guess we should be pleased that these practises are finally being exposed. There are over 200 shelters in Michigan. How many abuses are ongoing in the quiet? If you know of a shelter that is not treating animals correctly or that is not trying to find homes for animals, please drop me an email so we can shed some light on the issue. editor@michanimalnews.com

Tonight light a candle for all of the dogs and cats who suffered hideous and horrible deaths at the hands of St. Clair County Animal Control. Ask that they forgive human beings for their abuse and neglect.

St. Clair County Tortures Pets - Detroit Free Press Article

1 comment:

Prediksi Bola said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Prediksi Bola Agen Bola Online